REI | Customer Experience Research & Design
Senior Customer Experience Researcher, August 2015 – present
Currently providing customer-centered design insights and strategy as part of a nimble team charged with understanding and informing the holistic member and staff journey across REI’s digital and physical retail experiences.
Sharing and distributing understanding of the end-to-end, omni-channel customer journey of getting outdoors using digital tools as well as the role of the co-op within their flow.
Scoping, planning, recruiting, executing and visually communicating omni-channel generative research to inform longitudinal digital and retail strategy.
Optimizing and mentoring researchers in multiple techniques for communicating an understanding of customer barriers and needs to leadership and delivery teams.
Connecting insights to action through cross-disciplinary service design coaching.
Nordstrom | User Experience
Senior Design Researcher, January – August, 2015
Led and conducted discovery-based, qualitative research in order to inform the design of complex, omni-channel experiences.
Nordstrom | Innovation Lab
Senior Design Researcher, Designer, 2012 – 2014
Worked in a multi-disciplinary team of cross-functional team of designers and technologists tasked with delivering innovative, human-centered solutions through collaboration, research, and prototyping
- Planned, led and conducted a multi-city, ethnographic research study in order to understand latent needs of cross-generational dyads
- Led synthesis and ideation sessions designed to develop experimental solutions to surprise and delight customers
- Collaborated in multi-disciplinary team to discover the desirability, viability, and feasibility of risky potential retail solutions
- Developed marketing strategies for experimental services
Live Well Collaborative
Design Research Associate, Teaching Assistant, 2009 – 2012
Worked within a multi-disciplinary team of students, professors and corporate stakeholders to research and design product and service solutions for the aging population.
- Helped to guide 6 multi-disciplinary sponsored teams of design and business through a design led innovation process. Resulted in one patent
- Facilitated design strategy workshops to empower stakeholders to identify areas of opportunities within large corporations and under-served community organizations
- Developed and executed visual communication strategy consisting of printed materials, process books, board game design, and website redesign
Mayo Clinic | Center for Innovation
Service Designer, User Experience Contractor, 2011
- Utilized design research methodologies to develop a catalog of solutions to improve the palliative care experience with the collaboration of physicians and patients
- Designed user experience and interface for Toolkit 2.0 – an internal knowledge sharing web application
University of Cincinnati
Master's of Science in Business Administration (Marketing), 2010 - 2011
- Second Place: Rotman Design Challenge
University of Cincinnati
Bachelor's of Science in Digital Design, 2005 – 2010
Darwin Turner Scholarship
Richard & Jean Coyne Family Foundation Scholarship
College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning Best Soundtrack Award
Planning, conducting and sharing ethnographic research using multiple service design methodologies such as:
- Field Research
- Mobile Ethnography
- Concept Value Tests
- Workshop Facilitation
- Card Sorting
- Cognitive Walkthroughs
Coaching multidisciplinary teams through the research process through toolkit development
Coaching and teaching teams to develop user centered designs through service design methodologies.
Synthesizing research through diagramming, personae creation and workshop facilitation
Visual Communication Design
Print + Interaction Design
Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, InDesign